TBN: Charlotte Tilbury Makeover Edition- Covent Garden Appointment Review
This is a throwback to this summer and my lovely morning spent at Charlotte Tilbury's flagship store in Covent Garden. I had booked a makeover session with a senior artist. This costs 55 pounds, which are fully redeemable against purchases. I chose the Dolce Vita look, because I didn't have that quad and was curious to try it. This is what I looked like before (note the crazy bloating; important article on medicine-resistant PCOs and insulin regulation coming very soon).
And this is how I stepped out. God I loved getting pampered. Charlotte's universe is all you imagined, a magical playground for women. I was queen for an hour that day.
Final impressions: I preferred the way I make up my own face, but Hannah, the artist that attended me, was just following my lead. She gave me a more dramatic look because that's what I asked for. She was very knowledgeable, skilled and an uber-lovely person. She talked me through everything and taught me how to best apply all products. I walked around the city that day in a full-on smoky, unapollogetically glam look. I reached some useful conclusions which I follow since:
1. Don't apply powder everywhere- your face has already been largely set by bronzer and blush. Hannah taught me that.
2. When you're almost 40 you can definitely pull off a vampier look in the daytime, because a) there's no freshness to disguise, just fatigue and bloating and b) you're all woman and you don't give a sh*t. I felt very powerful in a dynamic look.
3. Hannah blew me away with how natural my brows looked- bushy but dark blonde- so do not necessarily match your product with your natural brow colour, go half a tone lighter and see.
4. I found hero products that I had resisted trying until then: the Ecstasy blush, the Airbrush powder (if there's one thing you buy from CT, get this) and the Magic Foundation (perfection but I'm too penny-pinching to use this one exclusively; I have a two-tier cosmetics system and this made my luxury kit).
5. She used colours that I didn't really gravitate toward. Turns out, copper really boosts the green in your eyes.
If you're ever in town, do make a point of scheduling an appointment. You'll learn a lot, try so many products on your face, get pampered, treated to a drink in the boudoir of your dreams and spend the 55 pounds on products you enjoyed. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Abso-BLOODY-lutely recommended.
So, how does TBN work? We upload brief, concise reviews and tips on beauty products that work. Subscribe on the top of this page and receive our weekly TBN newsletter informing you on all new posts! Find us on Instagram https://bit.ly/2Le9F3m for even more TBN goodness!